All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RX3 groupc log booked
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Howdy all just wondering what sort of price i would get if i was to sell my rx3 its a 1974 original savanna group C log booked since 1978 with pretty much everything done including been seem welded roll cage 13b j port injected with 55mm throttle bodies 4 850cc injectors nedam 5 speed close ratio straight cut gear box brass button clutch 4.7 billet lsd series 5 rx7 4 pot front calipers 14 x 8 inch symmonds wheels. wheel base lengthened 2 inchs comes with heaps of spares including doors grills bumpers axle discs pads flares wheels dyno tuned last year has 240 bhp.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: RX3 groupc log booked
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:54 pm 
Rebuild Time

groupcrx3 wrote:
Howdy all just wondering what sort of price i would get if i was to sell my rx3 its a 1974 original savanna group C log booked since 1978 with pretty much everything done including been seem welded roll cage 13b j port injected with 55mm throttle bodies 4 850cc injectors nedam 5 speed close ratio straight cut gear box brass button clutch 4.7 billet lsd series 5 rx7 4 pot front calipers 14 x 8 inch symmonds wheels. wheel base lengthened 2 inchs comes with heaps of spares including doors grills bumpers axle discs pads flares wheels dyno tuned last year has 240 bhp.

Well not as much as if you rebuild it to orginal Group C spec's, as it raced back its it day! Because id say it would be worth $60K+ in Group C spec, but now less.

BTW who's car was it and welcome to the forum.

REgards
Lloyd

- Grp C Rx3 awaiting resto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 am 
Registered Rotor User

its had 4 owners, originally from hamilton cant remember the name of the guy who first owned it have to check the log books and get back to you its pretty much only ever been raced in tassie.as far as im aware it is in full group c spec atm the bloke i bought it off used to race in the group c support catagory for the supper cars back in the day it did have 10 inch wheels on the back but had to cut them down to 8's to comply with group c specs i can see what you mean by original spec though didnt have efi back then plus few other bits ive got everything to put it back as it was just having to much fun as it is atm. i seen a few rx3's on ebay go for some decent prices latley made me wonder how much something like this would be worth to the right sort of person

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

it must be the blue and white tassie coupe.is there any chance you could share pics or point me in the right direction.thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

dblpost :oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 pm 
Registered Rotor User

you may not have seen this car before she was locked up in a shed for 11 years collecting dust before i stumbled upon her

Attachments:
File comment: this photo was taken when i first put the deposit on the car hadnt moved for 11 years
mazda 5.jpg
mazda 5.jpg [ 7.28 KiB | Viewed 3671 times ]
File comment: symmonds plains race way last november
mazda 1.jpg
mazda 1.jpg [ 11.48 KiB | Viewed 3671 times ]
File comment: after her first wash
mazda 4.jpg
mazda 4.jpg [ 6.65 KiB | Viewed 3671 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm 
Rebuild Time

Any Chance on sharing the owners and what years did it race back in the 70's?

- Grp C Rx3 awaiting resto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 pm 

It is not the old blue and white coupe from Tassie.

Very interesting. Well it's not really in "full group c specs" if it's running an injected 13B. No RX3 ever ran a 13B in Group C. Also 10" wide wheels were homologated in 1980 (?) but I think you are saying that this support category the car ran in only allowed 8" wheels. Have your tracked down any more info on the previous drivers or any old photos in competition?

1979 RX7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

groupcrx3 wrote:
you may not have seen this car before she was locked up in a shed for 11 years collecting dust before i stumbled upon her

:D :D theres not that many RX's us ausrotarians dont know about :wink: ..WOW...great car! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:49 am 
The Bug Has Bitten

i keep checkin back here.please mate [-o< if there's any history about the car you can share with us it'd be really appreciated. thanks.Ron

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:06 pm 
Registered Rotor User

sorry mate the log books are at my old mans place and hadnt had a chance to get them got them now though. her original owner was precinct performance pty ltd at Hamilton NSW he first log booked it in 1977 then in 1980 it was shipped to P Dane in vallawood Tas then in 82 went to M.L. Elliot at 7 mile beach Tas then in 86 went to M Catchpole in Blackmans Bay Tas then in 88 went to P.J Styn of Ulverstone Tas who i bought the car off in early 2010. It has been log booked in more than 100 Races in Group C, TCC and Group 2E mainly track days with the occasional hill climb unfortunatley i dont have much info on how it went i know the bloke i bought it off was doing consistant 101,s around symmonds in the early 90,s which is pretty bloody quick he told me a few stories of how him and Ray Hislop used to have a rivalry going between Mazda and Ford and the Mazda normally came out on top. Btw OMG where and how did you find that photo and do you know where it was taken or if you can get any more?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 pm 
The Bug Has Bitten

does any one know about this Precinct Performance?.i think you need to start a new thread about this car in members rides or general discussion to get more info.sorry i have nothing to add.above pic was originally posted by super deluxe,he's from tassie so i'd send him a pm to see what he knows.im more interested in who may have drove it in the '77 to '80 era...beautiful car.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 pm 
Registered Rotor User

Is this car for sale? If so can you email me at cmbm1234@hotmail.com
Many thanks,
Chris

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:28 pm 
Uber Post Whore

be very careful. the moment you offer this car for sale here the thread will be pulled. you are treading a very very fine line in trader rules..

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:15 pm 

RJMee wrote:
does any one know about this Precinct Performance?.i think you need to start a new thread about this car in members rides or general discussion to get more info.sorry i have nothing to add.above pic was originally posted by super deluxe,he's from tassie so i'd send him a pm to see what he knows.im more interested in who may have drove it in the '77 to '80 era...beautiful car.