Are you being blocked from seeing Photobucket images in AusRotary posts?

Well, there is a temporary fix available in the form of a browser extension/plugin.

You can find them here:

We are working on a permanent solution that will mean all externally hosted images that are still online are hosted by us. In the meantime, try these to get the page working properly.

This announcement can be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner.

1976 RX2 Capella Heater/ventilation re-connection

Any type of technical questions or info

Moderators: KillerRx4, orx626

omp
Mazda Approved Mechanic

1976 RX2 Capella Heater/ventilation re-connection

#1 Post by omp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Howsit?

I am hoping for some help please, when I got my RX2 the heater/ventilation system was disconnected.

I am trying to re-connect it all.

My mechanic located the cable for "COLD.................HOT" (to the "heater" itself) and re-connected it and the plunger moves in and out.

I Located the REC...................FRESH and reconnected it. Moving it back and forth and the flap moves ok, but I suspect the fan is full of leaves etc as it was very "rustly" for the first few opens and closes. It cleared it up though, I DO have to remove the fan to inspect as when I turned it on, it sounded, again, very rustly. This cable was buried in amongst the added wiring for the ECU, why, I have no idea.....

I located the OFF............VENT but cannot hook it up as I don't have the clamp for it, I see where it goes though. This was again cable tied up in the loom.

It seems I am missing something there? Is that "tube" correct, or is there more to it than that? I had a feel around above, but couldn't determine what/where it would go to.

The last lever control DEF............HEAT, may be ok as when I slide the lever, something is opening/closing up in the dash.

Doing a re-wire is on the cards too.

Thank you

Pete

ajays4
Rotary?... What The?

Re: 1976 RX2 Capella Heater/ventilation re-connection

#2 Post by ajays4 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:02 am

With that tube I'm pretty sure it connects to a plastic flexi pipe,
in turn connects to the back of the vents at the base of the radio fascia, under the ash tray.
Its been 20 years since I was under the Capella dash changing heater core. Ajay

omp
Mazda Approved Mechanic

Re: 1976 RX2 Capella Heater/ventilation re-connection

#3 Post by omp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 am

Thank you

I sourced some parts off an old mate on Gumtree, just got to fit it all up.