All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

In an effort to help everyone when creating an add it should have your state as a prefix, EG. "[NSW] NOS flux capacitor to suit RX5".

States are to read as below:
[NSW], [QLD], [VIC], [SA], [ACT], [TAS], [NT], [WA]

Obviously we realise that parts arent always in Australia so for the oversea's items i.e. [USA], [UK], [EUR], [JAP] ETC.

Post subject: [QLD] 2004 RX-8 6sp Manual Black
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm 
Mazda Approved Mechanic

Hi guys,

I am reposting this here on behalf of a member of another forum - if this is against the rules or if there are any issues with reposting, please let me know or remove the advertisement. I have added in details and reposted the advertisement in it's entirety below.

Thanks,
Sean

For sale: 2004 Mazda RX-8 6sp Manual Black
Item Condition: Car has the usual small paint scuffs and a few small "car park" dings but otherwise is very straight and in overall very good condition.
Price and price conditions: $6000ono - looking for enthusiast buyer
Extra Info: Car is being sold by someone else - reposted here with permission
Pictures:
Attachment:
File comment: RX-8 Picture 1
rx8.jpg
rx8.jpg [ 112.53 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: RX-8 Picture 2
rx8a.jpg
rx8a.jpg [ 236.81 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: RX-8 Picture 3
rx8b.jpg
rx8b.jpg [ 155.64 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: RX-8 Picture 4
rx8c.jpg
rx8c.jpg [ 165.71 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

Contact Details: Mike @ sales@homepin.com
Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: QLD registered - expires late December. Currently has personalised plates that are not included with the sale.

Full details in advertisement reposted from another forum:

Very reluctant and emotional sale. I am looking for an enthusiast who will respect this fantastic car. It is my late wife's pride and joy and she looked after it like it was new, every day. We bought the car when it was about three years old.

DETAILS:

2004, Mazda RX8 with factory upgrade pack that included leather, Bose stereo, HID headlights and driving lights among other extras
Black with red/black leather upholstery
6 speed manual with Bose stereo system (factory)
Tyres 80%
New windscreen about 1000km ago (had several large chips)
New rear shocks
New fuel pump and filter about 2000km ago
Full aluminium radiator with new overflow bottle
Full front to back, sports exhaust with new CAT (original system can be included if buyer wants)
New plugs/coils and leads about 300km ago and a full spare set included
Factory rear spoiler

I believe the mileage to be around 67000km but haven't looked recently - the car has been driven briefly once a fortnight for the past two years by a friend to keep it running.

QLD registered - expires late December. Currently has personalised plates that are not included with the sale.

Buyer will be responsible for transport, roadworthy and rego transfer as I am not around to deal with that. Located near Cairns in FNQ. Currently registered in my name with no encumbrance

Car has the usual small paint scuffs and a few small "car park" dings but otherwise is very straight and in overall very good condition.

I have just been told the air-con has stopped getting cold, this is very likely from lack of use and a re-gas will probably sort this out. The headlights will need a polish with Novus as they are starting to haze a little but Novus fixes this for six months or more.

Please PM with sensible suggestions but only if you are rotary savvy and will appreciate this vehicle. I'm not looking for a lot of money, LET'S START TALKING AROUND $6,000, but I am looking for someone who "cares" about a car that is different to all the others out there because that is what Karen would want. It's listed on Gumtree but I only expect stupid enquiries and scammers from there. There isn't much point me keeping the car as I'm not around to use it and probably won't be anytime soon.

Thanks for reading.

yes, rotary carbs lack the ungravity magnet

Profile E-mail