All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can anyone recommend a paint panel shop within Melbourne?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm 
Weekend Cruiser

Please, can anyone recommend a half decent panel beater / painter? Getting a little desperate.
Have been screwed around a fair bit with the panel beater who has my car ATM, he has had my car for over 7 months, and done less a weeks worth of work on it after a hefty deposit to guarantee solid dedicated work.
Im not expecting a 100k job, nor do I want someone that is going to spray the thing for $500. I just want someone who is going to do what they say they are going to do, and that is half capable too.
Please, any help would be greatly appreciated....

Post subject: Re: Can anyone recommend a paint panel shop within Melbourne?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm 
Get a Girlfriend

Hi mate.. where abouts are you located in Melbourne. Where is your car currently,

There's a couple of allright ones around but expect to pay for it. I can definitely tell you places not to take your car . I got my car back from a panel beater after 6 months waiting to get it in to the panel beaters then 2 and half years later get it back with a lousy job.. so make sure you do your research

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 am 
Weekend Cruiser

Hi mate. Car is currently in Hallam. I idealistically want to keep it in the eastern / southeastern suburbs, but if I need to go further than so be it. I expect to pay decent $$$$ for a half decent job. Just want someone to work on it rather than let it sit in their workshop for another six months doing nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm 
Boost Me Up

Speak to Rick from Mazbitz he'll tell you how it is and work to your budget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm 
Get a Girlfriend

Ozgloss in dandenong did mine. Reasonable price, good facilities, did a good job. I had done the prep on the car, but they rubbed it down again and had it painted in within two days of dropping the car off. Only complaint would be the rush-rush attitude- he couldnt wait to get it done then get it out. Wanted me to pick it up the day it came out the oven. Resulted in some slight blemishes in the still-soft paint during packing the various parts and panels for trailoring back to my place. Would've preffered to have left it there a couple more days to cure. But overall, happy with the speed and the result. Very shiny finish straight off the gun. Looks good. But there are plenty of panel shops in dande and hallam, just go visit a few and get prices, see who's keen to do the work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:35 pm 
Registered Rotor User

BUMP

Hey guys I'm looking for a decent panel and paint place in Melbourne. I'm based in the eastern suburbs and need to get some rust cut out, a few tiny dints sorted and a full respray. Basically I don't want it to drag on and was hoping for some reliable recommendations. Any help would be cool.

Cheers

Profile E-mail