So this year I’m really looking forward to 2 events F1 in March and Yokohama Advan World Time Attack
Last night I was reading the WTA blog via Yokohama’s blog
and it occurred to me that I might be able enter the AW11 I’m building
the only limiting factor is the $$$$ and if I will have enough of it before WTA day. Looking through the WTA club sprint rules
they look pretty basic and most street registered cars could enter. The only thing that stopping me is the ROLLLCAGE!!!!
So the point of this thread? Let’s play a little ADVAN TRACK FANTSY CAR BUILD. I wanna hear what you guys would build if say Advan threw 100k at you and you were to build your daily and enter club sprint class.
What would you guys build, or even better post a pic that closely resembles your fantasy car??? Basic run down on the rules:
- All vehicles must have current road registration and be driven by the owner of the vehicle.
-No Pro driversVehicles
• All Vehicles must be available for purchase from a major manufacturer currently/previously as a factory OEM vehicle.
• No Open Wheel vehicles, Clubman or Kit cars allowed, as determined by the Promoter.
• All vehicles must have four (4) wheels with the steering acting on the front wheels only.
• No center steer vehicles allowed.
• No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed.Engine
• Engine modifications are free with the following exceptions.
• Vehicles must retain their originally designated engine and configuration. EG; if your vehicle came from the manufacturer with a Naturally Aspirated SR20 then it must retain this engine and aspiration.
• OEM engine mount points must be utilized.
• OEM engine configuration must be utilized.
• All vehicles must use unleaded or E85 fuel.
• Nitrous systems are not permitted.
• All vehicles must have a full exhaust system exiting after the rear axle and compliant with CAMS regulations.
My fantasy Advan car would be my MR2 AW11Car:
Toyota 1989 MR2
It would have: Engine:
7AGTE making 300rwkw Or 4agte (20v) Gearbox:
TRD strengthen gear set to suit eastern creek, 2 way LSD, Exedy stage 2 racing clutch / Suspension:
everything I could buy and tuned by best in the biz. Body:
carbon panels as per the rules, bride seat, partially stripped interior, 4 point harness, chromoly cage. Corner weighted for perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Wet weight:
900kg or less.
Wheels: 15x8 fronts 15x10 rear / Watanabe wrapped with sticky Advan AD08 tires for ultimate classic tuff man 80’s look. And has to be black and have the classic Advan theme.
What do you guys reckon? & what you would build?